Can you believe it’s June already? Last month I was busy with getting the yard and garden off to a good start, all the needed weeding, fertilizing, and mulching. So I decided to take a break one rainy afternoon and get my craft on by making these one of a kind, artisan crafted textile napkins with products from Fabric Creations™.
I’ve had the napkins for quite some time, when I find the big bundles on the clearance rack I alway pick them up for just such a project. They always come in handy for something….I just love it when I can do a project and never leave the house for supplies. I don’t know about you, but when a brilliant idea hits me I want to start it right away. (If you want to place an order for the necessary materials, you can do so here: www.plaidonline.com).
I have to say I truly enjoyed working with Fabric Creations™. The soft fabric ink was so easy to work with, and the napkins turned out beautiful. I can’t wait to find other creative ways to use it (I’m thinking maybe around the opening of a pillowcase. What do you think about that)? Below are the steps for making the one of a kind hand stamped napkins.
1. Wash, dry, and press your fabric.
2. Decide where you will start stamping and place the foam mats under the area. I find finger pressing a horizontal and a vertical centerpoint helps me visually keep me stamp in a straight line.
3. Pick out your fabric ink colors and desired stamp/stamps.
4. Add the fabric ink to a disposable plate.
5. Load the stamp with color, you can get creative and use more than one color per stamp.
6. Get stamping, make sure you use even pressure and don’t rock the stamp side to side. Reload with ink as needed. Let dry 24-72 hours. Set with a hot iron and pressing cloth.
Voila, I turned ordinary white napkins into a work of art. I can’t wait to use them now.