Fall Whiskey Barrel

Whiskey Barrel Decorate For Fall Using Mums, Pumpkins, and Kale with a Small Solar Landscape Light to Show it All Off at Night Im staying true to my simple fall decorating. Im back with more mums, pumpkins, and I did add a little kale to the mix this time. In an upcoming post you will see that hubby and I have gutted and redid our landscaping around the cabin and today Im going to show you a glimpse of how I decorated the whiskey barrels.

I made it simple on myself I purchased 3 pumpkins and the mums from a local farmer and grabbed the flowering kale from the nursery. I normally over buy but this year I had just the perfect amount to stuff into the half barrels. It has already turned chilly during the day, low 50’s, and we are expecting a heavy frost on Sunday so I hope the barrels look nice for a while yet. I guess I’ll have to cover them up just to make sure.

Whiskey Barrel Decorate For Fall Using Mums, Pumpkins, and Kale with a Small Solar Landscape Light to Show it All Off at Night So here’s the planter all loaded with goodies. I know it’s super simple, and super easy but that was the look I wanted this year. We’re getting so many things checked off our to-do-list that simple was the name of the game.

Whiskey Barrel Decorate For Fall Using Mums, Pumpkins, and Kale with a Small Solar Landscape Light to Show it All Off at Night Did you happen to notice my small solar light I have tucked in by the pumpkin? It sure shows off the barrel at night.  Come back later in the week and I will show you the new landscaping, and you can see how the whiskey barrels fit into the plan.

SigFeather

Comments

Very, very pretty Dawn…Love the mix of the pumpkin and the cabbage with the mums….and I love the idea of the solar light in the barrel!….going to use your great idea!

Shirley thank you for dropping in, I am enjoying the mix too. It looks so nice when I come up the drive and spot it.

Catherine yes I think fall is my favorite season here in Michigan I love all the color it brings, and spring runs a close second.

I love your whiskey barrel. We are friends with the wine maker at a huge winery and I have asked him for a wine barrel. I need to remind him.

Carol yes you do. You could do so many things with it. My hubby was just in Kentucky so I put him on the mission of finding me some.

3. crafty.grandma says

Hi… Your barrel looks beautiful!!!! My moms are in the ground but are fully bloomed like crazy….must be the nightfrost we’ve been getting !!! I found a orange pumpkin shaped solar light at the dollar store and stuck it in the middle of my yellow mums and they look beautiful at night. The white ones have the same solar light and our street lights give off a yellow tinge which reflects into my white mums….wish there was a way to take a picture but it starts to rain every time I try!!! LOL!!! thanks for the share and inspiration as always

I can’t get mums to grow in the ground for anything so I gave up trying. Yes we are getting frost here too but so far the mums look good. I will start covering them from here on out at night just to make sure I can enjoy them a little longer.

My goodness! It sure is chilly in your neck of the woods! I would love to put mums and pumpkins in our whiskey barrel, but the summer annuals in it are still blooming. I’m still wearing shorts and flip-flops but it will start cooling down here soon. Love the idea of putting a solar light in the barrel!

Deb I decorate mine for every season, it’s such a fun and easy way to bring in a little color to the landscape design.

5. R. Trubey says

This is probably a dumb question, but what do you put in the bottom of the barrel so the mums are high, etc?