I never miss out on an opportunity to wear my shiny red Hunter boots, and they work perfectly with my DIY Valentine sweatshirt. I live in my Hunter boots, if you remember correctly I have a thing for shoes, I’ve never found a pair I don’t love.
Speaking of love, I crafted up my own sweatshirt to wear for Valentine’s Day. Below you will find all the what to have’s and how to do’s to get the look. Now let’s get started with the project:
- Pre wash and dry sweatshirt, do not use fabric softener.
- Optional: cut off the wrist and waistband of sweatshirt.
- Print supplied pattern. (Key To My Heart Pattern Download)
- Fold pattern in half, trace onto freezer paper that is also folded in half, and cut out the heart.
- Iron freezer paper to the right side of the sweatshirt shiny side down in desired location (I recommend putting a piece of cardboard inside the sweatshirt to give it a firm surface for ironing and also keep the paint from bleeding through).
- Using a round sponge brush stomp the white fabric paint onto the cut out portion of your pattern, let dry and do a second coat or however many are needed for proper coverage.
- Let dry overnight and remove the freezer paper.
Creative Cain Cabin is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com