Hunter Boots & A DIY Valentine Heart Shirt

Red Hunter Boots with a DIY Valentine Heart Sweatshirt | Tutorial and Material List Included for this How ToI never miss out on an opportunity to wear my shiny red Hunter boots, and they work perfectly with my DIY Valentine sweatshirt. I live in my Hunter boots, if you remember correctly I have a thing for shoes, I’ve never found a pair I don’t love.

Speaking of love, I crafted up my own sweatshirt to wear for Valentine’s Day. Below you will find all the what to have’s and how to do’s to get the look. Now let’s get started with the project:

Red Hunter Boots with a DIY Valentine Heart Sweatshirt | Tutorial and Material List Included for this How To WHAT I’M WEARING
Skinny Jeans | Red Hunter Boots | Red Tank | Blue and White Gingham Shirt | Red Sweatshirt | White Puffy Vest | 3 Strand Pearls

Red Hunter Boots with a DIY Valentine Heart Sweatshirt | Tutorial and Material List Included for this How ToKey To My Heart Pattern Download

Supply List

Red Sweatshirt

Freezer Paper

Iron

Scissors

Painting Sponge

White Fabric Paint

How To

• Pre wash and dry sweatshirt, do not use fabric softener.
  • Optional: cut off the wrist and waistband of sweatshirt.
  • Print supplied pattern. (Key To My Heart Pattern Download)
  • Fold pattern in half, trace onto freezer paper that is also folded in half, and cut out the heart.
  • Iron freezer paper to the right side of the sweatshirt shiny side down in desired location (I recommend putting a piece of cardboard inside the sweatshirt to give it a firm surface for ironing and also keep the paint from bleeding through).
  • Using a round sponge brush stomp the white fabric paint onto the cut out portion of your pattern, let dry and do a second coat or however many are needed for proper coverage.
  • Let dry overnight and remove the freezer paper.
  • Enjoy!

Red Hunter Boots with a DIY Valentine Heart Sweatshirt | Tutorial and Material List Included for this How ToCreative Cain Cabin is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

SignatureDawnAntlers

Comments

Cute, cute shirt and LOVE your boots!….I am asking for those boots for Valentine’s Day….My hubby and I were in Nordstroms before Christmas and I was admiring the wonderful collection of the Hunter Boots…I gave him a hint…but my problem is .. is that I cannot make my mind up about a color!…Love your red ones!

Shirley yes you need those boots, lol. I have them in black also and I would recommend going with a color that matches most things in your wardrobe.

I think I need to add more red to my wardrobe. You look smashing in this and oh… oh…. those fun boots! Looks like an easy peasy heart project. xo

Diane it’s a very easy project. I have very little red but as long as I put something like a vest or scarf with the boots it works.

Super cute! I love those red boots. I got a pair of red/black buffalo check rain boots from Target and haven’t even worn them yet. Great idea to cut off the bands of the sweatshirt too. Hope you are keeping warm! 🙂

Ann you need to wear your boots. I love mine and live in them. They go with everything in my opinion.

I want a pair of those boots and will one day get them. I love your cute haircut!

Kim I own them in black too and wear them most days in the winter. My hair is between needing cut short again or growing it out. I have an appointment next week so I need to decide soon.

5. susanjc says

You are styling it, Dawn! Very pretty picture of you and nice tutorial! Stay warm!

Thank you Susan I was ready for something a little different on the blog 🙂

6. Kathleen G says

Very cute in your Valentine shirt. Brrr looks cold out there. Keep warm, Kathleen in Az

7. Kris says

Adorable! Love my Hunters too!! Your hair is darling!
    XO Kris

Thanks Kris not sure if Im going to keep the hair short or grow into something new, it’s in need of a something now and I have an appointment next week.

8. Melissa says

Ohhh how cute!!! Nice tutorial, have to give it a try. I have wanting Hunter boots real bad.. Lol .. And they look too darn cute with your outfit?

Melissa I recommend Hunter boots to everyone. I wear mine every day no matter what I have on, they are so easy to keep clean and stylish too.

Aw thank you Shellie, it’s fun and easy for Valentines day.

9. Cheryl Major says

Your outfit looks so cute and fun. I love your red Hunter boots. I just got a black pair of hunter boots this past fall. I can’t wait until spring to wear them.

Cheryl I have them in black too and wear one pair of them most every day. I can’t wait to wear them with a skirt this spring.