Whiskey Barrel Upcycled

I have had this Whiskey Barrel around for ever, and decided it was to dilapidated to store my birdseed in now, so I drug it out by the burning barrel to get rid of the next time I burned papers.
As you can see I just couldn’t part with it.
So I drug it back to the house and added a little dirt and $58 worth of flowers to it and now I can enjoy it for another season!
Linking up with
HOH

Comments

It looks wonderful! I love using old pieces as planters in the garden.

Lovely, I am crazy about this ole barrell chock full of beauties.
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

I have one just like it, actually two. Just love them and love how you made it into a planter 🙂 Good job!

I’m so jealous! I need one of these for my porch and can’t find one anywhere! Coming over from Met Monday and your newest follower!

Jeanine

What a great use for that old barrel- it looks just lovely now!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

it’s beautiful! What a nice way to greet you with flowers and whiskey 😉

I”ve been looking for a half wine barrel to plant some herbs in. Your barrel looks beautiful.

That barrel is so beautiful. Love the plants that you planted in it. The sweet potato vine will flow over the top of it and it’ll be such an interesting piece. Have a great day.

Love how it turned out! What a great “rescue” – as I wouldn’t have been able to part with it either! 🙂

I’m so glad you didn’t burn it – the flowers are fabulous and I love the combination of rustic and beauty!

Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

Okay where would I find some of these? I love it! We have a nice planter out front with two ugly ferns and the lanlord wont let us plant anything yet it is a huge space, just a bunch of bark in it. I think a couple of these with some smaller pots with flowers could really dress it up! That turned out so very cute! Please come link to my party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/06/vip-party-18.html

Such a neat idea~ my dad brought a couple half barrels over for planting a few years back- but loving the full one you have too! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday at my blog~going on all weekend! 🙂