Painted the Bar Stools

I did this project back in the Summer but never had time to write about it.  Now that we are into January and all searching for something to blog about, it seemed like a fitting time.  I used ASCP in “Antibes Green” one of my favorite colors, and did it all with my sprayer.  This girl is not into using a brush unless it is a last resort.

They started out this beautiful black, which I loved, but they had to be dusted everyday and I am not into that.  So the decision was made to go with a lighter color.

I already had the green on hand and thought what the heck, be daring and go for it…. I really like the look especially after I distressed them very, very heavily.  I figured the teen age boys would abuse them anyway, so just go with it.

I think they really add a fun color to the space.

Signature

Comments

OH Dawn these are awesome! LOVE that color as I have told you before, but it really looks great with your gorgeous floors and counter top. Happy Weekend my friend!

I have had a hard time blogging lately. I have the projects in my head, just not doing them …yet:) The green chippy look adds a country,homey softness to your already fabulous kitchen– I like them!!!! Good job.

I love these Dawn, that color is so pretty!! I want a sprayer!

Wow! Your stools are fabulous! You were so smart to use your sprayer!

I love the green, it’s a great color against the rest of your home!

What a pretty difference. I got a palm sander for Christmas but I haven’t even taken it out of the box yet. But I am feeling braver thanks to you.

I LOVE this distressed look on the chairs. I did this with a couple of pecan nightstands I had. Really makes a statement in the room, like your chairs do. I think the GREEN really pops though. Just beautiful. Perfect for your space.

Gee, two more things to add to my 2012 project list – ASCP and a sprayer. I know, I’m a little late to the party, huh? The green is perfect cottage look. Just darling!

Dropping by from Funky Junk.

Dawn
    What a big difference color makes!
    I need some of your boldness with color.
    I didn’t comment on your counter post, but
    I wanted you to know how talented I see your
    husband is! Simple counter tops might not be too
    hard, but the detail around that sink was amazing!

I liked the stools black too, but understand the dust issue. The green is a wonderful surprise of color.

Wow, perfect, I love green and the color does make a statement! Saw you on Sisters linky I will return to check more of your blog!

They look fantastic! Such a fun color.
    CAS

Achei lindo , parabéns !!!! This is beautiful your blog !!! kisses !!! Edna Das Catarinas – Brazil.

Those Antibes painted chairs are simply gorgeous! KUDOS!! I’m so glad you mentioned that black had to be dusted OFTEN! I was considering painting my dining table chairs ASCP black/charcoal but no more. We live off a gravel country road and without A/C in our home and open windows our house is always dusty! I’ll have to regroup now, but would rather know ahead of time.

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SW Michigan
    Hand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
    Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
    Facebook: [email protected] (for portfolio of chalk painted work)

Love the green. It’s my favorite color and it pops really well in your kitchen! Pinned this for later. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Chrystal I love that shade of green also.

16. Monica says

Just came across these bar stools and am totally going to try it!! What method if distressing did you use? Great job!

Monica, first I painted them black and then went over that with green. Distressed with a hand held rotating sander and waxed. It was super easy!