Summer Bedroom in a Log Home

I thought I had better show you our Summer look in the master bedroom before the Summer is over.

I seem to have an addiction to bedding and change the look often.

For Summer I hung window length yellow and white buffalo check curtains.

A daisy print pillow sham and used my “Antibes Green” dressing table for a night stand.

I’m still loving the ruffled bed skirt, so that hasn’t changed from last season.
And the chair is where our cat takes her naps.

The quilt is over 100 years old and has been in my family for years.  It was made by an old family friend, back in the day where every scrap of material was horded and turned into a beautiful quilt.

The white blanket with the blue stripes is a hospital blanket.
I love the quality of them and even use them as tablecloths sometimes.

The sunflowers are straight out of my garden.  It seems as thought they are the only thing thriving right now.

Comments

These summer colors make me forget its been in the 90’s most of the summer. Your room looks fresh and cool, love the look Dawn.

Love the colors it reflects the summer day.The room so warm and
    cozy for a nap 😉

I love the yellow check and the yellow daisy print…lol Your bedroom is so fresh and inviting. Dumb question but where did you purchase that hospital blanket? It was so nice to see you house with Brenda today. It is amazing.

This is beautiful! I, too change my bedroom linens for Winter and Summer:) Kim shared this on Facebook, so that is how I found you. I will be your newest follower. XO, Pinky

5. Denise Z says

So fresh and cheerful! And WHERE did you get the hospital blanket???
    (we are in the process of purchasing a cabin and I’ve gotten lots of good ideas from your blog!)

I love the curtains! I wanted to see more of the quilt! And I love the hospital blanket! Just love the overall comfy feel of your room!!
    : ) Kris

so cozy…I just love love the buffalo check curtains! I also really like the hospital blanket! 😉

Take care!
    Jodi

I love a lovely sunny yellow room, my kitchen is yellow. I would have sunflower fields planted here if I could (I’m trying to talk my husband into it) your
    room looks so beautiful. I love the old quilts, I have quilts my mother-in-law gave me that her Mother and Aunt made along with one my Mom made stacked on an old ’60’s sewing box in my bedroom. I love all your decorating ideas Dawn.

So fresh and pretty, Dawn. I agree with Kim, your room (in fact all of your home that I have seen photos of) could be in a magazine. This idea of seasonal change to your bedroom is actually helping me with my current choice between painting my dressers white or black. I will probably go with white just so I can easily change out linens or add/remove colours easily.

I really love those curtains. Are they from “Country Curtains”? and is the background really white or more off white? Thanks.
    Donna

Oh, Dawn, it is all so pretty! You have quite the eye as well. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Wow, is all I can say! Just love your room, everything about it. Loving the colors and especially the linens! I worked in a hospital for many year and don’t remember the blue stripes on them, so very pretty. I also like how you combined colors and patterns. I wonder, would you share your gorgeous bedroom over at Sunday’s Best going on now? Sure hope so, this is too pretty not to share!