Kitchen Organization With Pantry Storage Jars

Log Home Kitchen with White Cabinet & Black Concrete Countertops  | creativecaincabin.comYikes! I’m going in….to the pantry that is. I’ve never been able to figure out how a panty can get so unorganized and out of control so quickly, especially when I’m the only one who does the cooking. As you can see by the photo my easy fix for covering it all up is to put a cute curtain on the pantry door. Ah!! out of sight out of mind.  I don’t know why but this is one space in our house I couldn’t live without but it’s also the spot I hate to clean the most.

Vinyl Lettered Pantry Storage Containers | CreativeCainCabin.comNo sense in complaining I may as well get on with the task. Welllllll I got a little sidetracked and decided to make my baking supply containers (1/2 gallon mason jars with white plastic storage caps) look attractive by lettering them with vinyl. I do say I love the look but after I got all my craftiness out of the way I decided to leave the pantry for another day. I’m going to dinner with a friend so maybe tonight after I get home, or maybe I’ll just let that curtain stay in place a while longer.

Tip: If you decided to do this to your containers make sure you find the middle of your jar, place the center letter there, and letter out from that spot so the word is centered on the jar.

Vinyl Lettered Pantry Storage Containers | CreativeCainCabin.com

Follow Creative Cain Cabin on Instagram

I purchase all my baking products in bulk, and by bulk I mean 50 pounds of flour at a time, so what I do is put the staples in 5 gallon food grade buckets and fill my pantry containers when they get low. I’m actually off to Shipshewana’s bulk food store this week with Grama Red and Aunt Sherri to stock up on supplies. I normally do this twice a year.

Log Home Kitchen with White Cabinet & Black Concrete Countertops  | creativecaincabin.comThe pantry may be a mess, but my new labeled storage jars look cuter than ever on my kitchen counter. I like the artistic look of the words reflecting on the countertop, bet you didn’t notice that did you?

DawnSignatureBird

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust.

Comments

I recently read a book series set in Shipshewana … an Amish quilting series. Buying in bulk is the only way to go. Dawn, you are so organized I can’t see you leaving that storage cupboard for very long before it becomes all neat and tidy and organized. πŸ™‚

i don’t know why cleaning the pantry and the refrigerator are such dreaded chores for me. I find myself bringing more of the frequently used items out, especially to make it easier for the kids . have a great weekend stocking up!

Laura, I think there easy places to just close the door and forget about. I hate counter clutter so my pantry has all the appliances in there.

Yvonne, that’s a lot of baking πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

3. Cheryl Major says

I feel your pain Dawn. As much as I try to keep my pantry organized and clutter free, it seems almost impossible. Our stockpile is quite large as we have 7 kids and 2 adults to feed. We also buy in bulk and my husband has installed lots of shelving . I look forward to your makeover for inspiration.

Cheryl, I have a whole warehouse of food in our basement too, we live so far from everything that I can’t get caught off guard without supplies, especially when we get snowed in.

4. Kris says

The only thing I buy in 50# bags is chicken feed. Love your storage jars on counter!! I did notice the cool reflection on counter top!!!!
    XO Kris

Kris, LOL chicken feed. You bake a lot also I’m surprised you don’t buy in bulk.

Thank you Mary Beth, it was a fun project and will look better organized in the pantry.

My pantry is a mess, too, and tends to get that way quickly. Cute jars! What is Drakes?

Yes, it’s actually manufactured in Michigan.

6. Arlene says

I love the look of your counter top – in the first picture it almost looks like galvanized metal. What exactly is it?

I love the jars! I keep all of my herbs in jars! I find them really lovely!

Anita, they are the best for all kinds of storage:) I love my blue and green jars for storing craft things!

8. Brianna says

Dawn, you live near Shipshewana?! I live near there too! We love going to E&S for bulk goods and eating at the yummy restaurants. Such a neat town!! Small world that I would happen upon your blog, absolutely love your kitchen and actually be from the same area haha.

Brianna Im in Michigan it’s about a 1.5 hour drive for me to Shipsee.