Lighting Change in the Guest Bath

Well, while I was cleaning the glass globes on the pendant lights
I accidentally dropped one. This happens every time I clean them, I
always break one and can never find a duplicate and have to
buy 2.
I have never liked the choices that are in the store, so I just buy
2 of the least offensive to me.
Well I have a solution, and now love my new lights.
This time I decided phooey on that I am going to
make my own and will never have a problem
replacing it with an identical match.
 It was so easy do to, I drilled a pilot hole in the
canning jar lid and used my tin snips to cut out the whole.
Attached it to the fixture with the cap that was provided with the pendant.
It took longer to get the tools out than it did to make the
light.

My new, free, light fixtures with vintage Edison Bulbs.

Comments

They look so great and I can’t believe it was that easy! Great job!!

so perfect for your bathroom, great job! breaking that other glass must have been meant to be! 😉

Genius!! They look wonderful. I will be decorating a new first home in a relaxed country theme in the next month and I will be keeping this in mind. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Hugs, Gee

Dawn – How ingenious!! Those look perfect for your bathroom. Really cute!!

Judy

Dawn,
    I love them they look great in your guest bathroom. Still love seeing those sweet hankies made into the curtain. Adorable.
    Kris

You clean your light globes? LOL…I love this idea- and your cabin! Great inspiration!

7. Anonymous says

Necessity is the mother of invention!!! My grandma used to say that a lot~~

I completely agree with most of the choices, affordable ones anyhow, and your replacement looks better any how.

Bliss

The new lighting is perfect for your room. It must create such a nice light once you switch them on!

Dawn I LOVE them! And they are so perfect for your sweet cabin. Good for you!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

These are so wonderful! They could not be more perfect in your home. Lighting is so frustrating for me…what I like I usually can’t afford so I end up settling. Glad you figured out a way around that!

Exactly what your little bathroom needed. I love em!

Well, look how clever you are! Okay, I already knew that….lol, but this is great and so perfect for your log home!

Love them!! They look great in your bathroom. I have a light in my dining room with 8 canning jars and the old fashion small light bulbs. Plus I have 2 other ones in my kitchen with the vintage Edison Bulbs.
    ~Cindy

I’m half afraid to try to clean the globes on bathroom lights. I’m not exactly graceful and have a hard time holding onto things. My hands seem to have a mind of their own. I absolutely love what you did, genius. They look great also. Just think you could use some of the jars you die inside also if you get bored with the clear ones or decorate the outside of the jars.
    I finally got my hanky curtain finished but after seeing how yours looks realize I need to put some more on one side, it’s not full enough, our window is a bit wider than yours. I do love the colors in the curtain tho. I added some vintage clear and colored glass buttons at some of the juncture points. So glad I saw it on your blog. Happy Spring

They are perfect! love!

Well dang if that isn’t just the perfect look for your bath Dawn. Great idea and so inexpensive too, thanks for sharing.

Those are just perfect!

19. Anonymous says

Beautiful lights – but please take caution! A lot of heat can build up inside the jars – it might be safer to cut the bottoms off them. Check on line – I think it’s advised not to use lightbulbs in an enclosed shade. Don’t mean to sound like sour grapes, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Love your blog!!

Those look great, I always wonder if they don’t get awfully hot, though. They are perfect for your wonderful decor.

I have seen the mason jar pendants on pInterest in the past. Because I am hosting a fancy cocktailparty this weekend, I decided to give it a whirl. I visited my local lighting fixture store for the supplies. The owner of the store said he really did not want to sell me the parts for making this. He suggested that I let a professional electrician talk me through it. I did end up talking to am little electrician, who advised that the only way this would be safe, would be low voltage (the kind of plug w little prongs – sort of a larger version of a tiny Christmas bulb. Just don’t want to see anyone hurt.

Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team
    of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in
    the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on.
    You have done a wonderful job!

Spot on with this write-up, I actually feel this amazing site needs
    far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read more, thanks
    for the advice!

I will bringing you part two next week if you would like to read it.

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each
    time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same
    comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it!

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a 40
    foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has
    83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with
    someone!

Hi Dawn,

I love this idea and some of your other tutorials as well. I’d be thrilled to feature you on AllFreeDIYWeddings.com with one photo and a link back to your site for full instructions. Please let me know if you are interested.

Best,