Scrapbook Paper Craft

ZinniasScrapbookPaper

Are you one of those crafters who used to scrapbook and still have a mound of paper left behind?  If so, here’s a quick and inexpensive way to dress up a summer table setting using scrapbook paper, a tin can, and fresh cut flowers.  I just love the candy colored zinnia against the bright yellow and green dishes, and using scrapbook paper as a place mat makes for a fun place setting.

ZinniasScrapbookPaper05

I like the 12X12 size scrapbook paper as a place mat and a 4″ strip is the perfect size to cover the tin can I am using as a vase.  I have several cans covered in bright, colorful scrapbook paper that I use for flowers. My favorite place to see them is on my kitchen window sill.  It always brightens my day just to look at them.

ZinniasScrapbookPaper02

This is a thrifty way to decorate for an outside summer party  or barbecue. You wouldn’t have to stress over your favorite vase being knocked over and broken.  You can even throw these away after the party. I have several scrapbook covered cans hanging around, they come in handy for so many things and once I have them looking all cute I hate to throw them away.

ZinniasScrapbookPaper07

The cans look especially charming with fresh cut zinnias from my garden. Do you have a clever ways to use up scrapbook paper?

Don’t forget the giveaway is still going on, for a free graphic watermark for your blog.

PinIt

PaperCraft

Signature

Comments

1. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says

Such a cute idea! And a great way to add a custom look. I love the way you’ve layered the colors and patterns. And zinnias make the best cut flowers!

Sharon, Thank for stopping in. I love all the bright colors zinnias come in and they are perfect for a cut flower arrangement. Why wait for a holiday to get out some pretty dishes? Have a wonderful weekend:)

Your zinnias are wonderful and those colorful dishes are too.

I have tons of scrapbook paper to use up – thanks for the tip.

Carol, it’s so cheap and easy. It also makes for a quick blog post. LOL

3. Rondell says

I love all the color you use and the little cans are adorable!

Thanks Rondell, it’s a fun, free craft that looks pretty darn cute too:)

Dawn,
    This is too darn cute. Love this idea. So pretty. Love a cute no cost project like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Kris

Kris, I am with you a no cost project is great. I so love the pops of color to cheer up my day.

Thanks Debbie, the can reminded me of you. You are a wiz crafter with a tin can.

Thank you Martina, It was a fun craft that looked quite cheery when it was finished. I enjoyed putting it together.

So cute Dawn and a great idea for using up those odds ends! The zinnias look so pretty. They really are my favorite flowers – pretty and easy to grow!

Thanks Brenda:) My days of scrapbooking are over and I need to find a use for all the paper that was still hanging around.

Cute looks with that paper. You know I love gingham or any checks for that matter.

Kim, I am a gingham and buffalo check girl too:)

Fantastic idea, Dawn! I love the covered can, but I LOVE the idea of using scrapbook paper for a placemat! What a super inexpensive way to add color to any table arrangement for any time of the year, without going out and buying placemats if you want to change things up. Totally doing this for my Fall Tablescape and I will definitely give you the credit! AWESOME!

Laura, so glad you stopped in and found a little inspiration. It was a fun table setting to do. I know a fall one will look terrific. Let me know when you post it and I will share it on my FB page:)

So bright and cheerful! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this. I have tons of leftover scrapbook paper. I borrowed a computer from a friend tonight just to catch up with my blogging friends. So glad I did!

Dru, Yes, it is a great way to use up all that paper hanging around. It is also cute, and fun.

What a fun and colorful idea Dawn! Love the zinnias!

Thanks Mary, it’s a colorful way to use up all that scrapbook paper from my days of scrapbooking:)