Sunflowers & Enamelware

Sunflowers in Enamelware Pan

Sunflowers and Enamelware remind me of Fall and it’s surely in the air here in my neck of the woods, we are having 60 degree days and dipping into the low 50’s at night. I love fall and the cooler days don’t bother me a bit. It’s the time of year to drag out your thin, worn quilts and snuggle up with a bowl of hot soup. I have been looking for some new recipes to incorporate into this falls meal plan and soups and chowders are sounding good. Another beautiful fall thing is Sunflowers, and the perfect thing to pair with Sunflowers is Enamelware. It reminds me of a simpler time when women with small children would trudge out to the garden to pick the last of the harvest and bring in a few bright, sunny, sunflower faces. Everyone was barefoot for the last time and enjoying the little bit of warmth left in the earth for the day.

Enamelware Pan of Sunflowers

I think I was born in the wrong era. I was meant to live on the prairie, wearing long dresses and spend hours in the garden and pegging laundry on the line. I think a simpler time is what we all need these days, I know the pioneers worked hard but they also didn’t depend on modern technology the way do. I actually panic a little if the internet goes down for more than an hour. Wouldn’t it be nice to sit on the porch at night and watch the sun set instead of being glued to the tv or computer? The hectic lifestyle we all lead now is just crazy, and I long for simple times.

Enamelware Pan of Sunflowers in Rocking Chair

So I will enjoy my sunflowers…. in my old enamelware dishpan….. while I rock in my old chair……and dream of the simpler day:)

PinIt

Sunflowers and Enamelware

Signature

Comments

Lovely arrangement for the flowers in your photo today. I love to wear skirts and dresses and I still peg my laundry on the line ๐Ÿ™‚ But I do enjoy modern technology too and miss it when it isn’t around. My site was one of many that was attacked by bots a couple of days ago. It crashed my server constantly and eventually we took the site off line for several hours in hopes the bots would move on. All sorts of extra security was added to the server and my site and now things seem to be going fine. Let’s hope the next round doesn’t hit me … or you.
    Back to enamel ware … I have a couple of big tubs planted up with hens and chicks.

Linda, that is horrible about your server. I have not researched bots but looks like I need too. I still peg my laundry out to but depend on the internet way to much. I think I need to designate on day a week to stay completely off it. Hens and chicks are one thing I have never planted, my Grama always has them growing, I should ask her for a few.

It seems the bots have their focus on WordPress sites, trying to hack their way in by guessing passwrods. They send oodles of bots to target your site at once each trying numerous combinations of passwords in hopes of finally getting the right one. There were several articles on Google about it lately. Hope you don’t have to go through it the way I did. But it helps having the tech team in the family to sort it out.

2. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says

So pretty! And the perfect fall combination!

I’m with you! I love simple pleasures and also wish I was not so connected to the internet… especially as the weather cools and the days are so fabulous!
    The sunflowers never looked prettier than in your enamelware! Just so lovely… you picture tells a story!

Yvonne, I think I am going to take one day off a week and not get on the internet and see if I can stay caught up. It would be nice to get a whole days worth of work done around the house without interruptions:) Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you Debbie, have a wonderful Saturday!

Your simple photos – quilt, enamel bowl and sunflowers – P E R F E C T !!

Thank you Carol, I think sometimes simple says it best:)

5. Dana H. says

Love your colorful, happy photos!

Well put. Love your porch, I long for a porch again. Someday i hope.

Carolyn, What a sweet comment. There is nothing better than porch sittin and rockin:)

So pretty, Dawn. Now just send some of your cooler weather down this way. We have lower humidity, but still in upper eighties for a high.

Kim, I am so glad it is cool here but the weather is saying a 90 degree day for next week, so who knows. It won’t stay but a day though.

Dawn,
    I love sunfllowers and yours are gorgeous and in the enamel pan they are so beautiful. I would love to sit on the porch and just rock the day away. So peaceful.
    Kris

Kris, wouldn’t it be heavenly to have a whole day to do that?

9. GinaE says

We still have triple digits here in TX. So tired of it! I wish for your kind of weather, but that is winter where I live.

Gina, LOL our winters are snow covered and I love it. I am not a hot weather girls, so I wouldn’t survive your triple digits:( I think I may melt.

Happy sunflower and enamelware sighs from me Dawn! 60 and 50 degree temps sound heavenly!

Mary, I am not a girl who like the heat, so I love our Michigan winters. It is cold and rainy here today:( I know we need the rain, but it makes it very dark and gloomy. Not good for pic taking.

I often think the same thing: born in the wrong time. I should have been born before cell phones. I cannot seem to grow sunflowers. Don’t know why. Gorgeous pics. I’m so jealous of your weather. It is horrid here and no rain in some time.
    Brenda

Brenda, I can work a cell phone but depend on it way to much. I have been trying to stay off the internet in the day time and it feels so much better not being locked into it all day. I do my rounds in the morning and evenings and enjoy it so much better.