Lavender Vacuum Aromatherapy

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page

Lavender Vacuum Aromatherapy

I’m anxiously awaiting Spring here in Michigan so while I wait for things to start blooming I decided to use the last of my dried lavender from last years garden to make Lavender Vacuum Aromatherapy. Sounds fancy right?

Lavender

Well is sure smells fancy. What I do is cut and dry all the lavender from my herb garden and use in different arrangement for the winter months, and when spring comes I crush the lavender and suck it up with my vacuum.

lavender vacuum

And while I vacuum, which is something I do every day, I can enjoy the lovely scent of lavender. It’s a little dose of aromatherapy while I work. If it’s something you want to try make sure you use a new vacuum bag or your bin is empty when you suck up the lavender. No need in having a full bag, just to have to dump out all your heavenly lavender.

lavender

It sure make the task of vacuuming more enjoyable and it makes use of the lavender one last time.

dawn

Comments

Dawn, I have sucked up lavender off the floor and then the room is scented while I vacuum and it was purely by accident. Good idea to purposely do it.

That’s a great idea Dawn. I arrived at your site while you were doing the changes yesterday and it is nice to return today and see it all finished. It looks nice and bright and clear. We woke up to snow this morning … yuck! Hoping the sun comes out today and melts it away.

Linda, I can’t believe how the snow keeps coming down. We had snow, freezing rain, and rain two days ago but today it will be in the high 40′s. I think I will take advantage of it and sweep off the porches.

Morning Dawndie! Oh, lavender – the smell is so wonderful and your snaps of it are so beautiful. I wish a had some lavender growing at my house! Now you’ve made yourself another cute header! I like it. Have a beautiful Sunday.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

4. Vicki Daugherty says

As a new follower, I love this idea! We are taking a group of senior ladies from church to a lavender farm this summer and I will suggest this idea to them. So glad I found your blog. Vicki in Louisville KY

Vicki, Welcome to the “Cabin”, this would be a great idea to do with your senior ladies. I would love to go along on that trip, I bet the fields smell just heavenly :)

5. Rondell says

I bet it smells wonderful, I tried to grow it but it didn’t grow very well, maybe I’ll give it a try again!

Hi Dawn-I just stuffed a dryer sheet in my new vacuum bag yesterday-haha! I wish I had seen this first, but next time… I don’t have much dried lavender left, but enough to do this once, at least. Thanks for the lovely tip. Hope you’re having a good Sunday. Looks like it’s about to snow here any minute!

Jeanette

Jeanette, I think we have finally made the turn and will be seeing nicer weather here. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope you use the lavender trick, you will love it.

What??!!! This is genius! I dry my lavender at the end of the summer too and keep it in arrangements but when it gets sad and tired, I’ve been pitching it — well no more! Thanks for this great idea!

8. Melody says

I love this idea, Dawn. I just recently ordered six lavender plants for my raised garden beds.

I miss your outfits posts too. :)

I used to love doing this, in fact, I used to use it, added to vinegar for cleaning =) but I don’t need to use it so much, as all the flooring is hard/tile and wood, but if it weren’t for the fresh flowers (lilly’s) that I have been buying, I would resume doing this again! But first, I need to find lavender.

Marie, adding the lavender to my vinegar is a brilliant idea. I just clean with plain vinegar right now but the lavender scent would be even better.

10. Kris says

I love the scent of lavender! What a great idea to use in you vacuum! I am playing catch up still, after having been gone to my Mom’s. I am really out of the loop!
    xo Kris

This is brilliant. I am guilty of keeping my dried lavender too long because I just can’t bear to part with it. This is the perfect way to use it when it’s at the end. I have never had much luck growing lavender myself. Not enough sun. Would love to have enough to dry some year!

Ann, yes I think it likes full sun and mine gets that for sure. I just plant it and let it go, I don’t like plants that have to be babysat, either thrive or I pluck them out.

12. Veronica says

Thank you Dawn, for this lovely idea. I keep thinking I want to attempt to grow lavender, but have been intimidated at the prospect. I can find a good sunny spot, but do you have any other tips on how to keep it going in the Northwest climate? Does it have to be dug up before winter? Just love the beautiful aroma of lavender :)

Veronica, all I do is plant them in a sunny spot and let it go. You don’t dig it up, it just comes back every year and gets bigger :)