Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase

Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase Tutorial Have you been following along with my Copper spray paint obsession? Well I’m at it again, I just couldn’t resist trying it out on glass this time and I’m happy to report it works fantastic just as it has for all the other projects I’ve done.

Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase Tutorial

Well a very windy, 55 MPH storm, blew in two warm days where I actually thing spring may be on it’s way and it put me in the mood for a fresh bouquet of beautiful flowers. I always purchase them from our local grocery store for almost nothing and they last well over a week.

Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase Tutorial Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase Tutorial

I wanted to create unique vases and Mason jars came to mind right away. I have totes full of them from my canning days that I just can’t let loose of yet so why not use a few in an upcycled kind of way and give them a new purpose? Luckily I was able to get outside and paint before the wind kicked up. It was so bad I had to go in search of my deck furniture cushions the next day. We have a very big yard and they were nowhere to be found, I ended up locating them down in the woods.

Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase Tutorial

Here’s what I did, I taped off the jars in a stair step pattern, making the copper portion get larger over the five jars, and gave them a coat of spray paint. There was no reason to do it this way other than I didn’t want a uniform look, or have to work to hard at getting the tape positioned in the exact spot on every jar (let’s just call it creative rather than lazy, lol). I have such a crush on this paint and can’t wait to try it in the other metal colors. Have you tried it yet?

Copper Bottom Mason Jar Flower Vase Tutorial For interest I decided to give the table a little whimsy and added distressed chargers under each copper bottom vase. It’s such an easy project to do and I can think of a million spots to use a Mason jar vase, can’t you? Thanks for stopping by today and have a great start to your week!

DIY Easy to Make Copper Tube Pan Succulent Planter Using Spray Paint

Sharing at: Seeking Lavender Lane, Finding Silver PenniesAntlerSignature

I love these. Can’t wait to copy these. Thank you for sharing!

The copper adds just the right amount of bling without being kitchy. I think new galvanized buckets painted with this would make great planters too. I may have to try that. 🙂

Pam Im waiting to use it outside too. I hope it holds up well with the weather.

Thanks Debbie, spray paint is amazing for transforming anything as you well know.

Beautiful….so love this Dawn….Love the graduated levels and I am so enjoying your copper paint projects!

Shirley Im addicted to this stuff, I better be careful oreverything in my house will be copper, lol.

4. Debbie says

I love the jars. Gotta head to Home Depot for some paint. Wish spring could last in Missouri but we have storms blowing in on Wednesday. : – (

Debbie we had two nice days now we’re back to cold 🙁 Im so ready for srping.

5. Kathleen G says

So pretty and spring like! The copper adds a bit of elegance. Spray paint has been my friend for years.
    Kathleen in Az

Kathleen I do believe spray paint is getting better too. This stuff drys so fast it’s amazing.

Totally love these!! I have a lot of copper pieces in my kitchen. mostly vintage ones which i have had for years. I have pewter heart ornaments that i use for Valentine decorations in the kitchen and I was thinking of spraying them copper. Now I know I will be doing this as you definitely made my realize that it is the right thing to do for me!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Deb do it for sure the paint looks just like the real thing. Go for it girl, you will be so happy you did.