Essential Oil Recipe For The Flu

Essential Oil Recipe For The FluThis is a post I hadn’t planned on sharing until later in the season but wouldn’t you know it I have the flu. It seems early to me but I guess the flu bug can’t tell time. I woke up Friday morning with a sore throat, migraine type headache, and body aches all over and immediately went to my Essential Oil stash to concoct a cure. Well let me tell you I’m not a good sick person, I hate being down and am always thinking of all the things I should be doing. But that first day I just couldn’t stay awake to save my life. I dozed off and on several times throughout the day and finally gave in and went to bed.

The next day, Saturday, hubby and I had already planned a road trip to hit the US12 Heritage Trail Garage Sales. At 9am we were loaded up in the truck and ready to go. I certainly wasn’t feeling up to it but didn’t want to let hubby down so along I went with my pillow and blankie. I made it until 2pm and then I had to crash, I napped for about an hour and then finished garage saleing. I guess I wasn’t really into it because I didn’t purchase a thing. By Sunday I was feeling a little better and even did a kitchen project for the blog, did all the laundry, and cleaned house. On Monday I was pretty much over it, I did mow the lawn, and a few other things but tried not to overtask myself. All I have left is a slight cough but am on the road to recovery.

Vita Flex Feet Chart

So here’s what I used and how I applied the oils. (By the way, I only use Young Living oils so I can’t say if other brands will work as well or not).

• RC
  • Peppermint
  • Thieves
  • Lavender

Apply the above oils in the order listed (one drop each) to the thymus area, Vita Flex Points on the feet, chest, back, throat, and on any place where the flu has settled. Layer the oils start with the RC first and massage in, next add the peppermint and massage in, then the thieves, and lavender. Do every 4 hours until the flu has passed.

Dawn

Comments

Glad you are feeling much better….and so great that the oils helped…and love that chart…it’s no wonder why a great foot massaged makes you feel better all over!!!

Shirley it’s amazing how putting oils on the feet work so much faster than anywhere else.

2. cheryl Major says

Dawn, you have peaked my curiosity . I have to admit that I have never bought any oils but I think I will do some research into what oils do what and pick up some oils. Glad your feeling better.

Cheryl you will become addicted to using oils for everything, so beware, LOL.

3. Jen D. says

So glad you’re feeling better and so soon. I’m assuming the essential oils shortened your recovery time? Very fascinating chart – I’m very intrigued by it. I have lavender and peppermint essential oils – would it work to just use those two or do I need all four of the ones listed?

Jen yes I believe the oils shortened it. My Son had that same stuff for 2 weeks. In my experience you need all the oils for it work properly.

4. Tandra says

Glad you are on the mend. Love hearing oil testimonies. I have contemplated purchasing oils for quite some time. Monday night I attended a “speed oiling” class and actually won the premium starter kit from Young Living Oils. I was ecstatic! Already used some in the laundry. Can’t wait to try some more.

Tandra, lucky you I would love to win that gift. I’ve never heard of a speed oiling class, what’s it all about?

I am glad you are better.

I need to look into these oils.

Thank you Carol ๐Ÿ™‚ We only use herbs and oils here my son is 21 and has never had a med in his life.