Back in the day, when I was much younger going to tanning beds was the thing to do. Well now that I’ve hit the big 50 it’s coming back to haunt me. I have brown patches on my face from the sun (or tanner) and as I age they seem harder to cover up with makeup. About 10 years ago I went and had microdermabrasion done once every 3 moths for a year, at that time sanding off the top layers of my skin was supposed to solve the dark spots, IT DIDN’T. It just ate up a hefty sum of money and limited my sun exposure for a year of my life.
Once I started using Essential Oils on a regular basis I thought what the heck I’ll give them a try on my face, what damage can I do? I faithfully use the recipe below twice a day, and have done so for 2 months now and the dark spots have faded by 50%, enough where my foundation covers them again. I’m going to continue to use it, it also decreases wrinkles, in hopes they totally fade away but right now I’m just happy with being able to cover them up.
Here’s the Amber Roller Bottles that I use.
- 1- 10ml Amber Glass Roll-on Bottles
- 1- Stainless Steel Roller Ball
- 1- Black Plastic Caps
- 10 Drops Young Living Frankincense
- 10 Drops Young Living Lavender
- Jojoba Carrier Oil
- Add the essential oil to the bottle first, and top off with carrier oil of your choice. Add rollerball and lid and shake before each use.
- Apply every evening to a clean face before bed. Reapply in the morning to a clean face under makeup. I swipe it across my forehead, down my nose, both sides of my cheeks, chin and neck and massage in with my hands.
- Jojoba oil is most like our natural body oils, and won't clog your pores.