Welcoming Spring on the Front Porch

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePrint this page

Spring Flowers

Yes, I’m back as promised to show you where I used that huge bunch of spring flowers that I made the custom Flower Frog from Grapevine for. I was telling my 94 year old Gram about it on the phone and she said, “You didn’t tear apart the terrarium and use that container did you?” I assured her that her beautiful creation was still alive and thriving, and I used a different container for the Grapevine Frog.

Spring Flowers

We actually had a 50 degree day here in Michigan and I just couldn’t resist perking up the front porch a little. We still have brown grass and no leaves on the trees but I did bring a little spring to the porch with this fresh bouquet. It looked so beautiful to see fresh blooms again, it has certainly been a long winter in my neck of the woods.

Spring Flowers

It was so nice I even dried 2 loads of laundry out on the line. It felt good to be outside and doing something productive even though I know we are still in for some bad weather before it completely makes the turn to spring. While I was doing my thing Hubby was cleaning up the yard at our guest house. After that bad ice storm we had in December there were tree limbs down everywhere. Instead of burning them he made a big pile in the field for the rabbits to live in.

Porch Swing with Spring Flowers

I keep telling myself if I continue to do some spring decorating, spring will have no choice but show it’s self sooner or later and I am hoping for the sooner part. What do you think of my hairpin leg table? I purchased it at a thrift store for $5. I found it tucked back in a dark corner and it was covered with dust and cobwebs, I actually thought of passing it up because I didn’t want to touch it or put it in my car. But the bargain hunter in me won out and I brought it home. After a good scrubbing I fell in love with the little beauty and sometimes use it as a side table in the house and when it’s not there it is on the front porch serving as a coffee table for the swing. It’s not often but every once in a while I run across a piece that I know I will keep forever and this little table is one of those pieces.

Spring Porch

dawn

Follow CCC on Instagram

Comments

I love this, Dawn. That huge jar filled with all that color is gorgeous. My husband just made me a grapevine wreath with a vine off our property. I sure hope you get your spring weather soon. We had summer yesterday.

Olive, I have a dryer but there is something peaceful about hanging my clothes on the line. It’s something I look forward to every spring. I just love the simplicity of watching them blow in the breeze.

Oh this looks perfect! I love the grapevine frog idea…brilliant actually. I cleaned up my front porch too and bought some flowers. I hope to sit out there today for a bit. Just being outside gives you a whole new outlook! All your new graphics look perfect. You are one talented chick!

Ann, I hope you find time to enjoy your porch today. I am going to take my herbs outside and let them get a little fresh air again today:) Thanks for commenting on the new graphics.

Thank you Chery, I am always excited about a thrift store find that cleans up so nicely and fits into my decor :) Have a wonderful Sunday!

3. Rondell says

Love it! The table is so neat, hairpin? I’ve never heard of that but now I will keep an eye out! for one. I went to the Salvation Army last Wednesday and walked out with nothing…so disappointing!

Rondell, I had no idea what the legs were called either I had to do some research, but they do look exactly like hairpins. LOL Yes, thrifting is a hit and miss kind of thing.

It is gorgeous this weekend here in Western WA. We, too, will have gray weather yet but I am loving working outside int he sunshine for now. And I love that little table! Glad you spotted it and rescued it.

5. Jan says

Everything looks great! Sunny & Spring!
    We also had the great 80 degree day on Saturday only to face a ton of hail, rain , tornadoes, and now snow, wind, ice. Tonight 20 degrees! Only in IA can you get it all in 24 hours!
    Where are you Spring??? I keep hoping for it, until then I’ll enjoy your porch pictures!

Jan, the same thing happened here in Michigan there are thousands without power :( Just when I think we are making the turn to spring, winter finds it’s way back in.