I’ve been craving a delicious cup of rich and creamy hot chocolate recently and with all my new found food allergies I had to get creative and invent my own recipe. I’ve tried several different recipes but couldn’t find something that was actually satisfying and made me long for another cup, until now. I think the secret is Cashew Milk and the Dark Chocolate Powder.
I don’t drink coffee at all, I do have an occasional cup of hot tea but nothing’s better than a good ole’ cup of Hot Chocolate. You don’t know how many times I passed a Starbucks and wanted to pull in for a Skinny Hot Chocolate but couldn’t. I think the good thing about having food allergies is I just avoid the things on the list like the plague, I hate the internal itch my body has afterwards. Now if I was just on a diet, my car may override my common sense and make a trip through the drive through and get one anyway.
The good thing about all the restrictions I have is I’m down 45 pounds; ya gotta love that part of it. The bad thing is I just can’t eat so many of the things I used to love.
You can print off the recipe and give it a try to either save on calories or just to try a healthier version of this wintertime drink. Either way I bet you’ll love it!
- 3 tsp. Coconut Sugar (42 Calories)
- 1 tsp. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cacao Powder (10 Calories)
- Splash Vanilla
- 1 C Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk (25 Calories)
- Add Coconut Sugar and Dark Chocolate Powder to your favorite mug and stir until both ingredients are mixed together thoroughly. Add Vanilla and Cashew Milk. Microwave until warm, remove and give a stir. Add back to the microwave and continue to heat to desired temperature. Enjoy!
- Optional: Top with Cinnamon
Domestically Speaking | A Little Claireification | Debbiedoo’s | The DIY Village | Creative Cain Cabin | The Happier Homemaker | Redhead Can Decorate | On Sutton Place | Cottage at the Crossroads | Tried & True