Decorating With An Oversized Glass Vase

Decorate A Space With Oversized Glass Vase

I’m sharing the use of oversized things on the island today. Our ceiling height is around 30ft and it gives me room to add a tree to the island if need be and still not look disproportionate. When I spotted the tall glass vase at TJMaxx I couldn’t resist. I had no idea how I’d use it but once I stumbled upon the faux pussy willows it all came together.

Decorate A Space With Oversized Glass Vase

Look at all that sunshine streaming in; it looks like spring has finally arrived in Michigan. We had 77-degree temps yesterday and I’ve been outside getting the porch decorated, potting all those ferns I purchased, and hanging birdhouses.

Decorate A Space With Oversized Glass Vase

I also went lawnmower shopping yesterday; our old one has a hard time keeping up with the amount of acreage we mow. When hubby is around he can do it with our mowing attachment for the Bobcat, but if I have to mow I want a piece of machinery I feel comfortable with. It just amazes me a cheap mower is $5,000. Maybe I’ll just get a goat instead.

Decorate A Space With Oversized Glass Vase

I have plans to paint the back deck chairs today. They are hunter green, a color I’m not fond of, so spray paint to the rescue. I can’t wait to show you what I’ve done with the porch and deck. I simplified things this year and it sure was enjoyable not feeling like I had to decorate like a magazine. I made good use of those $5 ferns and only had to pick up a few new plants.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone and thank you for stopping by.

MORE OVERSIZED GLASS POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

DawnSignature

Comments

I love it! I have a couple of huge vases and don’t really know what to do with them. Hope you’re doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

Yes, you do have soaring ceilings. Love the pussy willow branches. You were warmer than we have been. Should get around 73 here today. Warmest in quite some time after being teased with 80 back in February.

I have a vert large vase that I did the same thing with… pussywillows! I have had it for years and still love the look. Yours looks fabulous, Dawn. Can’t wait to see the paint job on the chairs. xo

Diane great minds think alike. I got the chairs painted today and did a video tutorial to go along with it.

4. Elizabeth says

Hi Dawn – Your kitchen looks beautiful!! So springy!! Quick question…where did you get your light above your sink? We are redoing our cottage in and I love your light.

Tina I purchased the bar stools from a friends garage sale for $5 each and have painted them many times over, the yellow is my favorite by far.

5. Debbie says

Looking lovely! Can’t wait for the porch reveal. Seems everyone was working in the yard and gardens.

Carol the yellow is my favorite color so far that I’ve painted them. I think it will stay around for quite some time.

Great vase/arrangement….and I love the yellow barstools!….Talk about bright and sunny in the room as the sun streams in…Wow..had no idea the mowers were that expensive….good luck on the hunt for a new mower, but i do like the idea of a goat!

Shirley I bet hubby wouldn’t like the goat idea, LOL. I already have enough hair brained ideas the thinks.